3.06.2013

Perfect Color Mixing






The hotel Baur au Lac in Zurich, Switzerland has a marvelous restaurant called Pavillon. I love it not because of its food- I didn't mean the food was not good, but it is not the reason I love it. 

Pavillon has a really special spacial shape (as you can see from the first and second picture) with grand windows all around that enables the best illumination. The interior design, especially the color and material mixing of the furnitures, the dishes and the plants are so perfect and unique. The violet and pistachio velvet chairs echo perfectly with the purple glasses and pistachio plate mats (cannot be seen in the pictures, I am sorry that I personally didn't take any pictures of this restaurant because I enjoyed it so much and forgot to take photos...) and the flowers on the table; the texture of velvet perfectly balances the sunlight, adding a just-right sense of luxury.  

I had my breakfast here, on a cold winter morning, watching the snowflakes falling and the crystal beautiful scenery outside... Can life be even better?

PS: I realized that, after an intense daily use of Italian, I began to forget how to speak English... lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment