If you have read my post before, you might remember that I mentioned Crosby Street Hotel in Manhattan.
This Hotel Number Sixteen, together with Crosby Street Hotel, belongs to Firmdale Hotels Group and because of the great experience with Crosby last time in NYC, we chose to live in Hotel Number Sixteen in London.
It has the similar contemporary feeling to Crosby, yet it is much smaller. Each room has a different design and we did like the one we stayed in.
It has been an extremely busy month for me and I feel so happy that I finally can squeeze some time to take care of this blog.
1. Hotel guest room
2. As above
3. As above
4. The room we stayed in
5. Public area
6. Public area (I do like the color of the painting but I didn't really appreciate the moths...)
Loro Piana is a synonym for low-key luxury. Char has always been its loyal customer since his first purchase (in Rome maybe?). Anyway, not very long time ago, I found that Loro Piana really maintained a high level in their design in this season for 13 Spring and Summer- especially this pair of espadrille which is made of suede calfskin with rope wedge. I am a suede aficionado, and this dark bordeaux simply took my heart away...
Char and I went to Cinque Terre for the weekend short time ago. The weather was horrible- it was raining constantly and we did not see even a little bit of sunshine. We intended to drive along the coastline, then we were told that part of the highway was blocked now because of the landslide... It was so unfortunate, so we first drove to Monterosso al Mare and parked our car there and went for train. However, Cinque Terre are still very enchanting, with their great sceneries and wonderful small restaurants.
1. Char and I were having lunch in a lovely small restaurant called Trattoria dal Billy in Manarola, Liguria. Look at all these dishes on the table! These are just the appetizers! Very fresh and tasty local sea food.
2. On our way looking for the trattoria.
3. As above
4. On the morning in La Spezia, before we went to Cinque Terre. Yes, there were sunshine, but not in Cinque Terre...
5. As above
6. After our lunch in Manarola, Liguria.
7. As above.
8. As above.
9. In Riomaggiore, Liguria. It began to rain, so I changed my scarf as a headscarf.